Acupuncture For Pain Management
Acupuncture helps by restoring the structural integrity of muscles by resetting their tonicity or tone. This means if the muscle is tight, we relax it. If it is not activating, we stimulate and get it to start firing. Acupuncture also helps to break down scar tissue and increase circulation allowing for muscles to activate more effectively.
- Bursitis of hip and shoulder
- Calcaneal (Achilles) tendinitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Headaches/ Migraines
- Ilio-tibial band problems
- Impingement Syndrome
- Knee pain
- Localized neck pain
- Lower back/Hip pain
- Muscle tension headaches
- Osteoarthritis Pain
- Planter fasciitis
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Shin splints
- Shoulder pain and rotator cuff injuries
- Sprains (Ankle/Wrist)
- Tennis and golfer’s elbow (Lateral and medial epicondylitis)
Why our acupuncture program works:
- Orthopedic Assessment
Upon your initial intake, we will do a full assessment of your body using palpation and muscle testing to identify how muscles are functioning as well as observation to identify overall muscle imbalances which may be maintaining your symptoms.
In addition to Traditional Chinese Acupuncture points, we use motor points, trigger points and other dry needling techniques to help restore the integrity of the muscle.
- Alternative Modalities
Alongside acupuncture, other modalities such as electro-acupuncture, myofascial cupping, gua sha and manual therapy are used to recalibrate the muscles along with helping to break down adhesions or scar tissue as well as to flush out the area, to prevent excessive soreness.
Motor Vehicle Accidents and Acupuncture:
- Being in a Motor Vehicle Accident can be a traumatic experience that can create negative consequences in the future as a result. By seeking treatment early on, you can limit the development of mental health and musculoskeletal dysfunctions.
- If you are in a motor vehicle accident (MVA), you should immediately visit your Chiropractor or Physiotherapist so they can assess and fill out an AB-1 Form. They will assess and document your condition which will serve as a baseline for your care and as evidence of your situation if you proceed to court. Based on your assessment, you will be able to access 10 or 21 treatments.
- Therapists and insurance companies do not have the right to determine what treatments you access, YOU do, so it is important to voice which services you would like to access.
- Acupuncture can be used to restore balance to your autonomic nervous system by reversing the effects of the shock and trauma as a result of the motor vehicle accident. Acupuncture and cupping also promotes circulation of both blood and lymph which helps to manage the swelling that usually comes with motor vehicle accident injuries. Treatment intervention early on can help prevent the formation of scar tissue and other Myofascial adhesions. Finally, specific musculoskeletal injuries such as whiplash, neck pain, back pain, headaches, shoulder sprains/strains, can be addressed.
- Treatment Protocol
The goals of Acupuncture injury recovery are to:
– Regulate the nervous system
– Reduce pain and swelling
– Increase circulation
– Increase range of motion (ROM)
– Speed up the recovery process
– Prevent further musculoskeletal imbalances