Policies & Procedures
- At Ikigai Integrative we schedule treatments especially for you. We ask that you respect that there are many other clients waiting for appointment times and giving us appropriate notice allows us to fill your spot.
- Any late cancels or changes made after the 48-hour window are subject to a half of the appointment fee for each service that will be missed. The full charge of booked appointments will be applied for any no shows. If an appointment is cancelled, late or missed, the appropriate fees will need to be paid in full before any future treatments can continue.
- In the event of an illness or emergency we ask you to contact us directly. Exceptions to the cancellation policy are based upon individual basis.
- Ikigai Integrative is excited to be re-opening as of June 22nd, 2020. To comply with the requirements of Alberta Health, there will be some changes to clinic policies and procedures to ensure the safety of you and your therapist.
- For Therapist this includes:
– Staff members are self-screening for symptoms prior to starting work.
– We have allotted extra time between clients to minimize people in the waiting area.
– We have increased sanitization in common areas and treatment rooms. All common touch areas and treatment rooms are sanitized between each client.
– Complimentary tea and coffee has been removed during this time.
- For Clients this includes:
– Clients must complete an updated client consent form upon appointment booking.
– Clients must complete a pre-screening survey prior to EVERY appointment, via JaneApp.
– Clients may wait in the waiting area, masked 5 minutes prior to their appointment.
– Face Masks are required by both therapist and client.
– All payments must be done via e-transfer PRIOR to the clients appointment, if the client does not utilize third party benefits.
- We just want to thank each of you for your patience. We have been working hard to prepare and cannot wait to have everyone back into the clinic. Each of you will be contacted within the next couple of weeks to check in and answer any questions or concerns that you may have.
Direct Billing Policy
- For your convenience we offer direct billing to the following insurance companies:
– Great West Life
– Alberta Blue Cross
– Standard Life
– Industrial Alliance
– Desjardins Insurance
– Chambers of Commerce Group of Insurance
– And many more…
- Acupuncture is now GST exempt as of the release of the National Canadian budget of 2014.
- To maintain adequate and effective clinic flow, all clients wishing us to direct bill on their behalf are required to provide their credit card information.
- Also please be aware that all plans are individual to the client and therefore it is your responsibility to be aware of what is covered under your plan as well as the limits of service.
- Finally, the clinic is only able to submit claims on your behalf to your primary benefits. If you have secondary benefits you will be provided a receipt and then can claim the remaining balance.
- Personal information will be retained as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. Personal information is collected lawfully and by fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned. Further, your personal information will be protected by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Finally, your personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- To maintain transparency, we will make readily available information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information to our clients. We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.